1. Create a disaster plan for you and
2. Stock emergency supplies and assemble
a Disaster Supply Kit.
3. Remember to include important
documents, medications, water, photographs, and other necessities in your Disaster Supply Kit.
4. Become familiar with alternate escape
5. Find safe spots in your home in the
event officials order you to "Shelter in Place".
6. Always obey orders from law
enforcement and fire officials.
7. Create a self-help network of
relatives, friends, and co-workers to assist in the event of an
8. Make sure you have made provisions for
Make a backup copy of your
hard drive - at least the important files - and keep it at another
location. Create backups on a regular schedule.
2. You might want to make a computer scanned
copy of all important documents and keep a copy in a separate
location away from fire danger. If you aren't at home when
your community is evacuated, you'll have the information
available. Scan your important documents - insurance
papers, trust documents, financial records. In the event of an
evacuation, you won't have to panic if you don't have the time to
find or take all of the originals.